Historic Charleston Harbor Tour
See Fort Sumter and The Holy City by Yacht
- Charleston Harbor Tour
- Charleston Harbor Tour & Carriage Tour
- Charleston Harbor Tour & Plantation Tour
- Group Tours
Private Group Charters
Plan an Event
Tour Charleston aboard the "Carolina Belle" and experience the absolute joy of being on Charleston Harbor's breezy waters while relaxing in comfort on the observation deck of Charleston's premier sightseeing vessel. Our professional USCG licensed captain explains Charleston’s rich history while pointing out local attractions and interesting facts about Charleston Harbor. Our 90-minute, non-stop, fully narrated tours capture the history of the Holy City from a truly unique perspective. If you’ve never experienced Charleston from the water, you’re missing out one of the best things to do in Charleston, South Carolina.
Tours Route Map
Learn the history and enjoy the view of the following Charleston Attractions:
- St. Michael’s Episcopal Church Steeple. Learn how it was twice saved from destruction during the Revolutionary War and Civil War.
- The Battery: These stately homes have survived war, hurricanes and earthquakes, now a symbol of Southern elegance and perseverance.
- Fort Moultrie, a series of forts built along Sullivan’s Island during the war of 1812. Find out how the first fort built here gave Charleston her nickname “the Palmetto State.”
- Fort Sumter, where the first shots of the Civil War were fired. Learn about Mary Chestnut and the one Union solider who died in the Battle of Fort Sumter.
- Fort Johnson, another US Military post that played a significant role in our history from the American Revolution through the Civil War to World War II.
- Patriot’s Point, the home of the Yorktown, the famous “Fighting Lady” of World War II.
- Charleston’s landmark Cooper River Bridges and the Author Ravenel Bridge, a new state of the art span built to accommodate the largest ships in the world.
- You can even catch a glance of dolphins skimming the surface as they feed or a pelican as he nose dives into the water in search of some world famous Lowcountry seafood.
About the Carolina Belle
The Carolina Belle is an impressive
80 feet long with classic lines. She can comfortably accommodate
up to 250 passengers, has a normal operating crew of four and is
certified to cruise the inland waterways by the USCG. A snack bar
is available for daily cruises.
The Carolina Belle Cruising Charleston Harbor
The Carolina Belle has two decks - A "Main Salon", which is climate controlled and an “Observation Deck”, each providing spectacular views of Charleston harbor. There are bar areas on each deck for flexible entertaining. The dining area in the Main Salon utilizes furniture that can be moved readily to respond to your needs for flexible layout for a special event. Restrooms are also available on the Observation Deck level.
Our experienced event planner will make certain your special affair will be handled right down to the very last detail. We’ll do the work, you’ll get the rave reviews.
Charleston Carriage Tour / Charleston Harbor Tour Combo
Join us for an exclusive land and sea excursion from two of Charleston's most respected and reliable tour companies, Palmetto Carriage Works and Charleston Harbor Tours. Our combination package offers an educational and fun-filled adventure for the whole family.
Charleston Carriage Tour
Each carriage leaves from the historic downtown Market area to take you on a narrated, guided tour through the charming streets of the Holy City; Charleston, South Carolina. Our friendly tour guides are professionally licensed to insure you the most informative, entertaining and highest quality tour in Charleston. Considered a top thing to do in Charleston, SC, our sightseeing tours take you up close and personal to many Charleston attractions you can’t see by Charleston Bus Tour, and are much easier on your feet than a Charleston walking tour.
Charleston Harbor Tour
Charleston Harbor Tours is the longest running harbor tour company in Charleston, serving her guests since 1908. The Harbor of History Tour lasts 90 minutes and is a non-stop, fascinating, live-narrated harbor cruise, featuring 75 Charleston attractions spanning almost 20 miles. This Charleston Harbor Cruise is considered by many to be the most popular attraction in Charleston. Once aboard, you will experience Charleston from a different view point. Every fort in Charleston's harbor is included on this trip; Fort Sumter, Fort Moultrie, and Fort Johnson. See the Battery and the architectural make-up of the Holy City. Our Snack Shop features sandwiches, a variety of beverages and has many other snack bar items available for purchase.
|Combination Tour Prices *|
|Children under 4 free with purchase of an adult ticket.|
|Harbor Tour Only|
|Senior (65+) / Military||$19.00|
|Children under 4 free with purchase of an adult ticket.|
* You are not required to take both tours the same day.
** Special Group Tour Prices Available. Carolina Belle departs from Charleston Maritime Center, ½ block south of the Aquarium.
*Rates and Schedule subject to change without notice.
Is the trip handicapped and wheelchair accessible?
We will do our best to accommodate handicapped people to the extent that our vessel and docking space will allow. We will assist your party when requested.
The boat has an upper deck and a lower deck, and the only way to get between the two is by stairs. Though we normally board and disembark from the upper level, there are some days when we have to disembark from the level opposite the one we boarded. On days when we must board the boat on the lower deck, passengers will have to use the stairs in order to get to the restrooms (which are only located on the upper deck), and could potentially have to use the stairs for disembarking. The restrooms on board are not wheelchair accessible but there are handrails in all restrooms. Additionally, there are fully handicapped accessible restrooms located in the Charleston Maritime Center- a City of Charleston facility, right near where the Carolina Belle boards.